Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 nats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Freakytikitv View Post
    Heck with that. The Weggie van kicked ass. That sucker was packed so high on couldn’t crawl in back to take a nap. The Weggie van will make it if I have to tow it. Mark’s love for the club and Vanners can not be understated. Anybody who made it to the (20th anniversary) enjoyed the love of VCVC. We never turned the van off until Springfield MO, Older and wiser I am looking forward to getting a pin to say I was there.
    I hope west coast peeps step up this year and make a showing. If I can help anybody in Cali to make I’m ready.
    I really would enjoy bringing my van... I would need to haul it on a trailer from San Diego though. I can't drive a 3 on the tree in summer without AC to MN, just too far and I am too old. LOL
    I am gonna see what I can come up with to bring my baby. Otherwise I will just rent a regular van and enjoy all the VCVC vans in attendance. I can't wait to meet everyone.
    Jacke

1964 GMC Handi-Van Custom 350
    1971 Ford Mustang 302
    1957 Karman Ghia Project

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

The factory 2/70 A/C is not too awful bad in these old girls.
    Some members do like to travel at night.The temps are all most all ways cooler..
    Looking forward to meeting you which ever way you make it out...
    Its a "van thing". A life style you have to live to understand!!!!

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Too Far and too old?

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppvan View Post
    I really would enjoy bringing my van... I would need to haul it on a trailer from San Diego though. I can't drive a 3 on the tree in summer without AC to MN, just too far and I am too old. LOL
    Oh come on! Where's your sense of adventure? When VCVC recruit Freaky was considering options on getting to the VCVC rally in Branson, trailering his van was one of his stated options also. He didn't know it but I was shaking my head. I think his third or fourth option was to hitch a ride in the WedgieVan with me. When all his other options didn't pan out, I told him that if he was serious about going along, he was to meet me at a Denny's at a given time about halfway between his place and mine. If he was there, he'd get his ride to Branson. I wasn't going to wait for him, I just gave him the window of opportunity. His cubicle bound co-workers were asking him straight up if he'd lost his mind. "So you're planning to get into a 50 year old van with a strange guy you met on the internet and drive to Missouri?!? Really? Bill, listen to yourself!" You see, out here in this part of NorthernCal, we don't just give away VCVC patches to anyone that has more money than dedication to VCVs. In my book, it takes more than just the ability to sign up for an internet Van forum to be rated as a fully patched member. I'm sure Smiley has the ultimate say in who's a member or not but, some ways into the club are much easier than others. So, Bill, did you want me to show you the way in? Well Bill shows up at the time and place. I told him the van was full but he could bring a backpack. I was already hauling over 2,000 lbs of gear in the van per the truckstop weight certificate. We struggled to make room for his backpack. You've said goodbye to your wife (maybe for the last time). Now, get in, buckle up and let's get going. Many hours later, crossing the Arizona-New Mexico desert, it was hot enough that the propane cylinders were off gassing. Keep going and no smoking please. Somehow he was unaware that the original passenger seat was similar in comfort to a medieval torture rack. No Bill I didn't plan that but it kinda makes you want to drive just to change seats huh? We had to refuel once in a while but that didn't mean we were sticking around the gas station long enough that we were shutting the engine off. Wanna be a club member? Wanna meet other members? Wanna free ride? Wanna cook and serve when you get there so members gather at mealtime instead of dispersing? Wanna get the VCVC experience from my perspective? Welcome aboard dude. Just like the Hotel California song, "You can check in anytime but you can never leave" unless of course you just walk away at the next gas stop. BTW, your backpack and wallet is buried due to settling. (insert Evil laugh). Stopover along the way? No, I don't remember saying anything about spending the night anywhere before we got there. BTW, did you know that daily limits on driving hours of service do not apply to personal vehicles? Why don't we just drive a little longer and see how we feel at the next gas stop? Let's see, 25 gallon tank getting ~18 mpg = 450 miles at 65 mph so we'll revisit the whole stop and rest thing in about 6 hours or so. Just go ahead and try to and take a nap on that torture rack. Had a hip replacement eh? Didn't bring any pain killers eh? Jut sit in a VCV for hours on end listening to me continuously talk about vans and you'll forget all about that pain in your hip. Yeah, sorry about your head being ready to explode, (not). After the 24 hour mark of continuous driving, the interrogation begins. "So, Bill. Tell me again why you want to be a member of the cub?" The combination of seat induced pain, propane, droning road noise (my voice) slowly work to induce a powerful truth telling delirium. "No Bill, this is not some sort of initiation, I'm just curious." (Que sudden swerve at high speed.) "Didn't you see that deer jumping across the road?" Adrenaline now injected, the plebe speaks freely. His responses to be evaluated later by the membership screening committee. (Skipping ahead.) After 36 hours, we arrive in Branson. Looks like we're the first ones here. Gee, wonder how that happened? So after that, Bill wants to go to the NATS? He even goes so far as to start a post about it. Interesting.

So Jacke, I guess the SanDiego branch of VCVC members would prefer to travel in comfort and at a style which would be considered a more leisurely pace. (Go figure) Sounds like a more exclusive crew. Maybe it's just more of a skybox section of the club compared with the bleachers section I'm in. I knew I should have studied more in school. It's all good though. Hoping to see you all there. Anyone need a ride? ;>)
    108VanGuy...
    1969 Chevy Panel, 250 CID, 3 Spd.with OD, 3.36 "WedgieVan" Daily Driver
    1967 Chevy Panel, 230 CID, 3 Spd. 3.36 "UtiliVan" 292 TFI coming. Owned since 76
    1964 GMC Panel, 194 CID, 3 Spd. "CrunchoVan"
    1965 GMC HandiBus Custom, 194 CID, 3 Spd. "MilkVan" Seized Engine
    1965 Chevy Panel 350 CID, 3 Spd. "RustoRoof" Runs but wiring bad
    1969 Chevy 108 Display 307 CID THM 350 Power Brakes 3.73 Posi
    1965 Chevy Panel, V8, 3 Spd. "Gold Hills Van" Best body of my 65s
    1965 CamperVan, V8, 3 Spd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I think my butt would not enjoy riding to MN.
    In 2018... I had two heart attaches and a triple bypass surgery. Not sure why I am still here? Other than to have some more VAN FUN! YES! YES! YES!
    Otherwise who knows maybe I would try driving a 50 year old van! NO I WOULD NOT!! LOL

But, also I want to arrive safe and sound. You guys have a good edge over me, in that I cannot just drive and if the van has a problem pull over and fix it. So... I will be coming into the party ready and loaded for fun. I have never driven 2k miles ever!
    I have pulled a trailer a couple times. But this is one of the biggest adventures this van chick will ever be on! I have already started the planning my friend.
    I contacted the event coordinator for instructions on where to park the truck & trailer, and my van. Exciting for sure... cannot wait.
    I am bringing Steaks!
    Last edited by LedZeppvan; 01-01-2020 at 12:14 PM.
    Jacke

1971 Ford Mustang 302
    1957 Karman Ghia Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Jacke looking forward to meeting you. Mark loves f*@king with me. His twisted sense of humor is never ending. He is not embellishing the propane gas filling the van. We were laughing so hard either from lack of oxygen or the fact we would level a small town.... Branson road trip was one of the best experiences of my life. I had so much fun I have been planning to get to the nats ever since.
    I hope we can get every vanner we can to show up. A comfy seat and take breaks is well warranted. Glad your on board :j

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

You guys lived to laugh and tell the tale. I look forward to hearing more stories of the road traveled in your vans.
    I am looking forward to meeting and making some new stories & memories in MN.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48th Nats.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	41199
    LedZeppvan is going baby!
    Last edited by LedZeppvan; 01-24-2020 at 02:47 PM.
    Jacke

1971 Ford Mustang 302
    1957 Karman Ghia Project

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakytikitv View Post
    My Goal in 2020. Let the builds begin.
    I plan on making it still have things to get taken care of before making the trip from Monclova ohio. I am hopeful i don't have any problems with the old girl it is a 69 g20 with the org motor and three speed. Also this is going to be the first nats's i am really excited to meet every one i can.
    Last edited by woody bovie; 01-25-2020 at 10:04 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppvan View Post
    You guys lived to laugh and tell the tale. I look forward to hearing more stories of the road traveled in your vans.
    I am looking forward to meeting and making some new stories & memories in MN.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48th Nats.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	41199
    LedZeppvan is going baby!
    YES!
    1966 Chevy Display, "Southern Belle"
    1968 Chevy, "Blue Overdose"

User Tag List