Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st gen dog house

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you need the intier lower section or can you use the front half?,,,
    I have a second gen that Im gonna take the rear half off of to extend my dog house,,,
    Dont tell me I cant do it

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doghouse mod questions

Daves 68 and van-Itti - thanks for the tips and potential for front half. Ive got the word out for complete 2nd gen.

Wed like to do the removable back half that others have done for easier engine swap and maintenance. Does anyone have good pics or point me to thread with pics and description? I saw a post with Wookee describing his but saw he lost all photos of it. Anyone have a drawing to share showing details for cut location, reinforcement at seams, removable back half detail, etc.

Also need floor section in front of doghouse. Is Custom Vanner site best place to reach matchstick regarding his floors? With V8 plan, would folks recommend the floor pan with air tunnel?

I very much appreciate the help and knowledge sharing. Thanks much! VCVC members are a wealth of knowledge as others have pointed out in another post!

cheers,
    ry
    Quote Originally Posted by Daves 68 View Post
    Do you need the intier lower section or can you use the front half?,,,
    I have a second gen that Im gonna take the rear half off of to extend my dog house,,,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Get ahold of Matchstick. He has a few different 1st gen front floors options (with or without tunnel (not sure on 2nd gen hole for Brake upgrade??
    but Probably can do) & ("I think") its in 2 pieces, Way easer to get in (& cheaper to ship from CA) It will be Moe Better than New
    Tom

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matchstick

Thanks Savage,
    I reached out on the Custom Vanner site and got word back from matchstick. Beautiful panels. Thanks again. Ill give you a holler shorty to discuss other items.
    ry

Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE View Post
    Get ahold of Matchstick. He has a few different 1st gen front floors options (with or without tunnel (not sure on 2nd gen hole for Brake upgrade??
    but Probably can do) & ("I think") its in 2 pieces, Way easer to get in (& cheaper to ship from CA) It will be Moe Better than New

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SAVAGE View Post
    Hope you got a Deal on that 66 Ry
    Got 2 1st gen DH's here , but Vans going the wrong way, for pickup on the way.
    Seen Ira's post on FB sounds like He's got a lot of Van parts Good Luck with your (Dad's) new project
    If im not stepping on toes here what would it cost to send one to 07731 in Howell NJ?
    I'm a Chevy guy who loves restoring old cars and trucks. When I'm not doing that I'm either working riding my Harley or out fishing
    Live each day to the fullest as you never know when life will sweep the rug out from underneath you.. I hate Cancer!!
    1971 Chevy Monte Carlo
    1966 GMC handivan
    1976 Chevy K 20
    1979 Chevy C20
    2019 Ram 3500 ( work truck)
    1966 Ford Mustang ( wife's car)
    2014 Harley Heritage Softtail

User Tag List