Thread: ind?pendant suspension conversion

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ind?pendant suspension conversion

Has anyone tried scottshotrods.com weld in kit, 64 to 70 suspension conversion?

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed mine last winter, dropped the front about 3 inch

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -sparky- View Post
    Installed mine last winter, dropped the front about 3 inch
    Thanks Sparky,
    Would you elaborate on the ease of installation and results. Did it make a huge difference in handling? My g/20 needs brakes a sway bar and power steering. Seems like it may be the way to go to solve multiple goals. Hope we can do pictures soon I'm jonesing for them. I have an attraction for these vans I really don't understand. Thank you for your posts.

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I'm very happy with it, I have many pics to share as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have my interest!

First I?m hearing about this conversion, been busy inhaling filler primer lol!
    Could you please give us more information in what you did?
    Was it a custom build for Scott?s or did they have it figured out in a kit form?
    Any and all information is appreciated, thanks Cruzbox

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be too long of a process without pictures and vcvc Facebook has to many non vanner opinions on it. Hopefully we can resolve the Pic issue here soon. Scotts has a download form for frame measurement and ground clearance if your interested and they have pics of a 66 on their site

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -sparky- View Post
    and vcvc Facebook has to many non vanner opinions on it.
    nicer than how i would of put it! there are a few here that have done, or are doing the IFS, and many with interest. while we have no pics, many of our members also post on vintage vans. there are a couple current threads on this over there.
    '64 chevy, 292 40 over, 206/526 cam, 2004r trans. 9.75:1, dual webbers, Langdon cast headers, 1.94 valves

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no shortage of space under these vans to put IFS under there..... The limiting factor is that we sit atop the wheel wells, so tire height is limited to 24-25 inches if you want it low (unless you are willing to sacrifice seating for tall tires)....
    There was a build on one of these sites where the front of the chassis was set atop a complete s10 frame stub....the s10 was spaced down from the van frame and the van was still very low!
    I prefer the uniqueness and simplicity of the beam axle and was able to put mine too low by putting the axle above the springs.... If you want indie suspension, just buy yourself a third gen (or panel truck).....The earlies have plenty of features that were more crude than they should have been, but the beam axle is part of it's soul......

User Tag List