Thread: WHERE CAN I GET 66 VAN WHEEL CYLINDERS

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

I AM REBUILDING MY BRAKE SYSTEM IN MY 66 CHEVY VAN. AND CANT FIND ANY MASTER CYLINDERS. CAN ANYONE HELP? THANX, YOTE

Certifiable Vanatic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Okay, you're asking two different questions at the same time. Do you need WHEEL CYLINDERS or a MASTER CYLINDER? The master cylinder is the main hydraulic pump connected to your brake pedal. The wheel cylinders are the little pistons inside your wheels. I have found both of them available at Auto Zone for my 65 and 64. NAPA can usually get you almost anything. They have been around for a long time and can get a lot of hard to find parts. Of course, you could try the chevy dealer as a last resort, but they tend to be the most expensive.
    Good Luck,
    Andy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

quote:
    Originally posted by yote:
    I AM REBUILDING MY BRAKE SYSTEM IN MY 66 CHEVY VAN. AND CANT FIND ANY MASTER CYLINDERS. CAN ANYONE HELP? THANX, YOTE

napa master cylinder#36006 (does not have screw on top)...front whl. cyl.#`37019-20...rear whl.cyl.#37117 Am in the process of puttin` a `66cargo together for my 25th. high school reunion. Had a `64 but this will have to do...GREAT SITE...KEEP THE WHEELS ROLLIN....MIKE

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

andy, sorry i did mean wheel cylinders..i thank you for your reply... also thank you mike,...sounds like you should have fun on you 25th reunion. my reunion was last year,i also owned a early chevy van in high school...a 65 i think.well thanx again both of you and i will check with napa..keep on vannin...dave...yote

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

THANX GUYS JUST ORDERED THEM UP TODAY...NAPA...DUE IN 1 WEEK..YOTE...

User Tag List