Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ROLL CALL !!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm still around been busy getting things ready before the snow flies. have'nt really had time to do much else with my van. but all the extra cash i'm earning from all these projects will hopefully be funneled into the van. unless something else takes priority.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Optik - Tim. I'm still around, been here since '03. I've been through a lot of ups and downs this past year. Needless to say its not been a great year. But Jack and I will come through it one way or another and all the advice and kindness I've received from the guys on here has been a godsend. Haven't done much at all to my van except collect a little more rust and drive the wheels off it almost every day, splitting duty between that and the 64 Dart.

I just want to say a heartfelt "THANKS" to all of you guys who've had a nice thing or two to say in the last few months. Didn't think I'd ever be reaching out in a place like this but it just goes to show how much of a family this really is.

-Tim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joyrde - updated 11/5/2012

N.E. Ohio - - still teaching school.(retired 10/31/2011) After 25 years of teaching Auto Tech, I am in my 4th year of teaching World History, add in 4.6 years in the military, I will be retiring in 1.5 years. wanna see what I do in history - - www.chuhworldhistory.com

My latest early is a '67 GMC 108" had it since '82. Wanna see the particulars, please visit - - http://www.angelfire.com/wv/joyrde/vanstuff/67gmc.html

It is the body shop soon to be painted a pearl/metallic silver. The West coast mirrors will be replaced with something late model. the antenna will begone, replaced with an interior roof model all the side & rear glass will be replaced with deep tint.

Married - 42 years, 5 kids, 9 grandkids, 1.9(4.3) great-grandkids

ASE Master Tech

------------------
    John
    ASE Master Tech

http://www.angelfire.com/wv/joyrde/vanstuff/67gmc.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_4560.jpg  
    Last edited by joyrde; 11-05-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Donít know if my copy and paste will work but I will give it a go. Guess Iím one of the readers, I like to come here a couple of times a week to see if anything new is going on. I turn 50 this year YEA! Wife and 2 kids youngest just turned 18. My van is a 69 chevy 250- 6 T-350 Iíve owned it for 25 years and not ready to sell it yet. Didnít use it to much this year but I did manage to take it out and wash and wax it so it sure looks good sitting in the garage. Only thing I have planed for winter is to recover the front on the ice box with pine veneer its fake wood now and starting to peal a bit at the bottom .Iíve been in the lumber industry since I got out of high school. This site is very cool keep up the good work.
    Mike

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been hanging around here for a few years. I started driving these vans in 1970 and haven't stopped yet. I have 3 grandkids, worked in tool & die for 35 years, lost my job last Dec. I make aluminum castings and have an addiction to bicycles.

this pic was me on the way home from the NATS 4 days of partying and I was fried. I sold this van Dec. 2010

------------------
    gotavan Dan
    vannin since 1970
    Last edited by gotavan; 01-12-2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: new info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

still here lurking (hate to type)

------------------
    Thanks, Ben
    BZ,RZ & Cujo @ N.C. 66 ChevyVan

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been vannin since the early 70s took a few years off when i sold my 66 found my 65 in 05 so i'm back in the loop great site great members can't wait for next years nats to meet some of you guys face to face son 41 with 2 girls daughter 44 with 2 boys 1 great grand son &my bride bev dream weaver 65

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, Carl from Denver here. My 69 is daily driver in the winter or anytime the weather sucks and I can't ride my motorcycle. My van in the summer is mostly used to transport my race bike and all my gear to the races. The van is great and been super reliable since I put a new 250 in it last winter. It's pretty much the perfect companion to my other love, Triumph motorcycles.
    This summer XJamesX, I and a few other guys in town with earlies started a van club called the Vandals, we'll see if it really gets off the ground. Fun rolling around with all those guys!
    Anyway, here's a few pics, and if anyone's interested here's a link to my race blog. http://wolfbrigade217.blogspot.com/

[This message has been edited by SheIsPoison (edited October 21, 2009).]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know that Carl guy i swear! He just showed up one day and parked behind me and my other buddy Steve.

but seriously, we got a cool group of guys with earlies out here. i am still around, still alive, planning some work on my van this winter like a Tranny swap and sway bar install with a few other small projects. I got a little sidetracked this year with rebuilding my motorcycle after the accident but my van is still getting driven...
    james

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I am still on here a couple times a day.
    I have a big block powered 72 Chevy van that is my daily driver/van run van & I am slowly plugging away on my 64 Chevy van. Hope to have it on the road by early next year. Brad

User Tag List