Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ROLL CALL !!!!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still here in Middlefield Ohio and vanning since 1973.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Satterlee Band.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still alive and well...well sort of...LOL...AC...
    Hopelessly hooked on Earlies since 1982

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Still lurking about, and still the proud owner of a 69 Sportvan 108 custom. She's a little under the weather right now with a blown wheel cylinder and too cold and snowy to work on her without a garage, but either the weather will change or I'll get a wild hair you know where and pay a shop to fix it. By the way Smiley, the new site is wonderful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rich Van Linkel

Still here, and not planning on going anywhere. Married 32 years, 3 sons, all growed up. One has gotten married and given us a awesome grandson. Still working as a breakman/switchman in the yard for Union Pacific since 2004, when the other buisness I was at after 23 years closed thier doors.
    Still have the "Midnight Rambler", a 66 panel with a lot of history in the early van scene. Still up on jack stands and under a tarp. I have 8 more years to retirement, I'm suspecting this will be my retirement project. In the meantime, my daily driver has been my 75 Chevy van. But I recently purchased a 2001 Chevy Silverado, which gets much better gas milage. So now the 75 is parked most of the time, but I have plans for it that where not an option when it was my daily driver. I've heard it's good to have lots of projects when you retire.
    I'm still very active physically, hitting as many whitewater rivers as we can, climbing some of the local mountains, playing in our annual 3 on 3 basketball tournament, and I added a new one last year, running in the "Warrior Dash". 5 miles of brutal running with numerous obstacles, then a big party after.
    Winter is usually when I get in my art work, but so far this winter has been pretty busy. I'm sure I'll be posting something for you all to see before long.
    Love the new site, and all the members here. Someday I hope to make it to one of the Nationals to actually get to shake your hands. Thanks again for a great site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still Here

Chris here checking in from Lakewood, CA Hope to get my 69 shorty in the college bodyshop this summer semester. Have been gathering parts for a couple of years and I want to get going on it. Love the new look of the site and the information here is worth it's weight in gold..

Certifiable Vanatic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still here every day

still here every day, just first time to post and login, for over a year.
    Charley
    Crazy840

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still here. Trying to talk my brother into buying an early. Was going to work on the 66 this winter, but got sidetracked by an Endless Pool installation for my wife. Injured myself by falling on a 3/8 anchor bolt poking out of the concrete with my right hand. Now we're traveling for a month or so around CA, AZ, and NM to get away from the snow. Start building buggies in the spring, so the Van will have to wait another year. Gives me time to buy more parts and to figure out the interior. New site looks good, still trying to get use to the colors. Great job.
    GaryB in Prosser, Wa.
    No Chevy Van Right Now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66BeachCruiser

Been lurking around since 2006. I finally became a member in 2009 I believe. Name is Jose known by my user name here as 66BeachCruiser after what I nickname my van... 66BeachCruiser. My 66 Sportvan is my dad's old van. I kinda grew up in it. It has a 250 I think. Standard transmission 3 on the tree regular. Original paint was that turquoise/greenish with the white paint outlining the window areas around the van. It had a camper top or travel cruiser top made out of aluminum with a wooden frame. I took it off and am still hoping for a rag top one day. For now the existing hole is just covered in aluminum as temporary. Inside is a currently deteriorating wooden camper style interior. The final goal is to one day have my van finished with the sportvan deluxe look in and out with the custom options looking like they came out of the factory that way. But for now I just take care of one issue at a time. I'm 32 years old, born and raised in Los Angeles. Now live in the San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles. I was undecided in my early twenties when I was a teacher's aide working with 3rd graders and going to college taking Theatre classes. So, I eventually decided I was going to get a B.A. in Child Development so I could substitute teach when I wasn't auditioning or working as an actor. I'm living that goal when I can now. I have a 1970 monte carlo, 1971 monte carlo, and ofcourse my 66 chevy van. I have a big love for classic cars, especially muscle cars. I love working on my van when I can and appreciate all of you guys for the help and advice you guys have given. I love the dedication,support, and inspiration that exists here. If I'm not posting I'm still lurking. You guys are all a great bunch and hope to meet as many of you as I can. Jose Pillado

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im still here as well im still a the young gun here im 26 vanners rock
    i just moved to socal this last summer my van is still up in washington i hope to bring her down so i can really get to work on here

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a Vette here

My name is Paul, I am 53 going on 18. I do mechanical design and project management for industrial plants. I bought my second 2nd gen chevy van about a year ago. It was after I realized the first 2nd gen with a 6cyl/3-tree and lots of other needs would have been more of a project then I wanted and I found the 2nd 2nd gen V8 auto on Craigslist. I like my van because I like the sitting on the front wheel position and I like the chevy V8 power train. I have dreams/goals of fixing up the van for hauling and camping. This site has been informative, entertaining and I have purchased hard to find parts from other members. I am thankful for all who keep this site going. Maybe we will meet at some car doin's in California in the future.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 016.jpg  
    Sitting on top of the wheel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Still out here and kicking myself for selling my van! Got my house on the market and hoping to get some horse property in Norco, CA. I have been given permission by the boss to buy "one more van" if and when we sell the house and get a new one. Will be looking for a 67 Sportvan 90 when the opportunity strikes again...sigh, stoopid Joe!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hangin' in here

Still watching to see what happens next. Great job on the new format, Smiley. I think even I can learn to use this one. Love reading about others peoples vans and adventures.

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the clubs northeast anchor is driven in deep and i plan to be around for awhile. blizzard conditions here today mean i probably won't venture out too far. i am picking away at my van interior, which is where i'll end up later. as always, call if you you need me. john

Van Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

averagejoe signing in!

Alls well in SoCal! My '64 has made it another year w/o paint (alas, no $$$), but still rust-free. The 327's still pulling strong! Drive her weekly, and like to listen to her idle on Hollywood Blvd! Finally ordered seat belts, and expect top have them in this weekend - just in case!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Balboa.jpg  

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is a really nice looking van averagejoe. what color do you want to apply when you have funds? john

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

that's the great thing about these old girls ,they draw allot of attention even in primer.
    That picture looks SWEET!!!!!!

.............Wookee
    Its a "van thing". A life style you have to live to understand!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Stance of your van in just right. Bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 65' is the same color (mostly). Is that primer or sealer? I plan to keep the whole thing that color once I get it all done. In sealer of course. Love the scenery in the picture. The van looks great also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chevy van 001.jpg  

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    drivers side of Crow's early.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails crows early 002.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still alive and well...

mayanees, John Mayan, still kickin' in Westminster, MD.
    My '64 is doing fine, even though I don't have a garage or shop yet to keep her in.
    It's pretty much a rolling doghouse, since wherever I go in my van my two mastiffs tag along.
    I've had the van for about 4 years. It spent it's first life on an Air Force Base in Luke, Arizona. I installed a hot little 250 cubic inch motor with dual webers, 9.5:1 compression pistons, mild cam, split header with duals out behind the drivers side wheel. (Langdon's Stovebolt equipment)
    It still has the original 3-speed. I absolutely love driving it since it takes me back to '76 and my '68 108". But now it's got ass off the line, and up to about 75 mph.
    My drivers side tire is flat in this picture, which is why it's sitting half cocked!
    I'm a huge fan of this site, having met two fine fellows in wookee (Joe) and planetvear (John).
    I wish everyone the best for 2011, especially in the job market. I was laid off about 2 years ago from my best job ever, at the time. It took me a little while to get back in the groove, but my job situation has lined out again with an excellent employer. So I feel for the folks who post about job losses.
    Peace out bruthers... and and sistas we can hook!

Oh, and Smiley, thanks for what you do!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9148.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

I'm out here!
    If you ask my wife she will say some days I'm way out there. Especially when I play with my early van.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

more pics

Averagejoe, got any more pics of that little 64'. I really like those rear fender flares. Is that a mid gas tank on the drivers side or a mark in the picture. You say you're runnin' a 327? Crow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm here

Atleast last time I checked
    1964 chevy g10 , straight 6 250, 3 on the tree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm more of a lurker I guess but I really enjoy seeing what everyone works on. I had to try the pic poster ,,seems to work great !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1-2-11.1.JPG  

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Hi, new guy here,
    I'll be lurking as I haven't owned a van since the 80s.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Digz,that is one SWEET orange cab!!!!!!!!
    Now i have to go wipe the drool off of my key board.........LOL

..........Wookee

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

roll call

Quote Originally Posted by digz View Post
    I'm more of a lurker I guess but I really enjoy seeing what everyone works on. I had to try the pic poster ,,seems to work great !
    sure would be nice to see that mich van at ohio nats this year weave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Nats are in my plans. Just starting some interior stuff now, hope to have that presentable by then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still here

Yup its Nightmoves,I'm still around.I dont do a lot of posting,more of a learner & lurker.I'm liking the new forum,great job.When I get a lil time and learn,maybe post some pics on here.Wasn't able to grasp it before.My plans are still there for hittin up the Nats this year,God willin and the river dont rise (again).I keep my list of small things to do,which add up,knock 'em off one at a time.
    ---Moe---

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SAVAGE,I sure like your no door! Bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face camelot's still around!

hi everyone. i've been busy,and unable to contact you all. my name is tony, married to my wife dawn. (no orlando) nearly 18yrs. i've been vannin since 1977. with my dad, and the c.v.a. cleveland van assoc. i've had a few earlies, all 66's. they were all CAMELOT vans. the first was the window van, and someone grafittied camelot on the side.the last 66 was my best i showed it, and did well. now i'm 46, and my new project is a 65 gmc nodoor. that i'm going to make the best camelot recreation. i put together a 250 6cyl,with a holley 390cfm carb, and tube headers. i plan on keeping in touch more now. hope you don't mind. i live in eaton township ohio. have a small farm. i'm a mechanic for a nearby city,where i mostly work on police cars (cool job). i own a starter,and alternator shop, and asmall hotrod, and custom shop. i'm always willing to help. feel free to contact me 440-748-1936. thats about it. happy new year,and keep on truckin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0260.jpg   100_0261.jpg   100_0250.jpg   100_0251.jpg   100_0252.jpg  

100_0253.jpg   100_0248.jpg   100_0268.jpg  

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool SW IL Van Fan

Hello,
    I have always loved these vans. I have about a half dozen, even one with a camper top, that I used as a chase van for my hot air balloon. With the four foot wide doors, the basket, envelope, fan, and crew could all fit in, and it really scoots with a 1985 305 V-8. I am a 71 year old retired machinist and have not flown in a while, but I am glad to see that other people enjoy these neat vans.
    RWL in SW IL
    airship2@aol.com
    RWL in SW IL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rock still here

Put a 350 in my 65 recently. Can't believe how much more fun it is to drive. What a blast! Sound is incredible! Stainless block hugger headers straight into 2.5 inch exhaust with Cherrybomb glasspacks exiting out the sides. Will try to post a youtube vid soon. Here is a couple pics of new doghouse extensions and V8.. Rock
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vandh.jpg   van350.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My '67

Hi there -

Adam here, in Seattle. Here's a pic of my 67 108. 250, 3 speed manual, 4.11s in the rear and either they are going to change or the tranny will. I've since found an antenna - off of a 80s VW bus. I haven't gotten to the interior yet, but I will after I get it running. And I'll be sure to take pics of the process and post them.

This site is pretty damn fantastic, I'm really glad I found it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Harold.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here also
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails air brakes 001.jpg  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Try this again

No Wife ,No kids ,No Grandkids,no job. have 6 vans(so far) (5 early Chevys) & 2 cats
    Here's my 64 nodoor I had since 1977

Here's the 2 California vans(kids) from Mark(108 Vanguy)

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Still here

Still checking the site when time allows. Had several setbacks in the recent past, but may get back to work on my '64 this summer. I currently have three earlies. a '64 window van that I put a 4.3 auto in. a '66 sportvan with the 250 three on the tree, and a '65 handi van with a factory 151 4cyl.(iron Duke)three on the tree (factory 13"wheels).
    Have three daughters, and two grandkids so far.. Got a new house this summer after a tornado took the other one. Working on getting the garage done.
    Crazy times!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

13" wheels

That's pretty cool. When I got my 65' it had a 13" wheel as a spare with a nice bias ply tire as a spare. Looked like it was in there a long,long time.

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cva

Quote Originally Posted by camelot View Post
    hi everyone. i've been busy,and unable to contact you all. my name is tony, married to my wife dawn. (no orlando) nearly 18yrs. i've been vannin since 1977. with my dad, and the c.v.a. cleveland van assoc. i've had a few earlies, all 66's. they were all CAMELOT vans. the first was the window van, and someone grafittied camelot on the side.the last 66 was my best i showed it, and did well. now i'm 46, and my new project is a 65 gmc nodoor. that i'm going to make the best camelot recreation. i put together a 250 6cyl,with a holley 390cfm carb, and tube headers. i plan on keeping in touch more now. hope you don't mind. i live in eaton township ohio. have a small farm. i'm a mechanic for a nearby city,where i mostly work on police cars (cool job). i own a starter,and alternator shop, and asmall hotrod, and custom shop. i'm always willing to help. feel free to contact me 440-748-1936. thats about it. happy new year,and keep on truckin.
    dream weaver here i might have known your dad i was one of the original members of cva eith rollie big red mr.clean and many others welcome to the site maybe see ya at nats??? weave

VCVC Member / Moderator gregw98's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Wife ,No kids ,No Grandkids,no job. have 6 vans(so far) (5 early Chevys) & 2 cats
    Same here, except for the 6 vans. I have 1 van and 6 other vehicles. And 2 cats. Are we related?

User Tag List