Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast

Thread: ROLL CALL !!!!!!

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Forum...

Brand new to the forum and brand new to "vanning". I've always loved vans, but until recently, I've never owned one. This is a 1989 Chevy G20 Camper Van which I bought off of my mother in law. It has the 5.7L V-8, toilet, full-sized bed, microwave, sink and captains chairs. It only has 101,000 on the clock and it runs very good.

It developed a leak in the upper left window of the popup and now I have to replace the paneling and the upper bed platform above the driver and passenger. It doesn't look like a huge task but I've never done it either.

I'll try to keep pics up of the progress once I start the repairs.

Glad to be here and hope to find some parts over on the other treads...

Steve D
    Texas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1989 Chevy G20 Camper Van.jpg  

New Guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool well well

Quote Originally Posted by smiley View Post
    Hi Mark, nice looking Sportvan! There is no oil in the column. Seems to me that someone has filled the steering box with gear oil and the seal on top (where the sterring shaft exits) is either missing or gone bad. There is a recent thread on rebuilding them as well.
    on closer inspection I found that it was a cracked plastic oil line coming from the motor to the aftermarket oil temp/pressure gage. don't know why I didn't see that in the first place. did the whole fuel and brake system so she's almost ready to go down the road

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

I have had very good luck with the newer electronic oil pressure gauges.
    They read very accurate.Best of all NO plastic line carrying oil into your drivers compartment.Only 3 wires.
    If that line breaks and you do not notice it.It can,,will keep pumping oil into your cab area until you shut the engine off....
    Its a "van thing". A life style you have to live to understand!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley View Post
    Nats are in MA this summer, last week of July!
    I am planning to attend! Will PM you...
    "Bertha": 1968 Chevy Van 108, 250L6, 3-speed, Jump Seat, Full Window Option, 3.36 Rear End

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'll be dipped,

I logged in and see some old posters. Next time I go to confession I will have to admit I have not been here in a long time. I see it has been 19 years since I joined this forum. Lots of water under the bridge since my last post but....I still have my 1966 Shorty. It has not been driven for a number of years and it is time to let it go. Perhaps soon enough I will wash off the moss and take some pictures and you will see it on the sale section of the forum. The last time I took it out I had some fun on local roads and made a few marks to say I was there. The new 350ci motor has only a few miles on it since I parked it years ago. Anyway...Happy to see you all and know there are still those who love the old vans. They are indeed rare now days. Later...Mario (Vanquish) Western Washington.
    Vanquish 1966 90''
    www.LDComfort.com

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marwink View Post
    I logged in and see some old posters. Next time I go to confession I will have to admit I have not been here in a long time. I see it has been 19 years since I joined this forum. Lots of water under the bridge since my last post but....I still have my 1966 Shorty. It has not been driven for a number of years and it is time to let it go. Perhaps soon enough I will wash off the moss and take some pictures and you will see it on the sale section of the forum. The last time I took it out I had some fun on local roads and made a few marks to say I was there. The new 350ci motor has only a few miles on it since I parked it years ago. Anyway...Happy to see you all and know there are still those who love the old vans. They are indeed rare now days. Later...Mario (Vanquish) Western Washington.
    Great to hear from you, again! Sorry to hear you're moving the van along. Hopefully, it'll go to another club member.

Don't be a stranger!
    1966 Chevy Display, "Southern Belle"
    1968 Chevy, "Blue Overdose"

Certifiable Vanatic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marwink View Post
    I'll buy it!! LOL

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Present.
    108VanGuy...
    1969 Chevy Panel, 250 CID, 3 Spd.with OD, 3.36 "WedgieVan" Daily Driver
    1967 Chevy Panel, 230 CID, 3 Spd. 3.36 "UtiliVan" 292 TFI coming. Owned since 76
    1964 GMC Panel, 194 CID, 3 Spd. "CrunchoVan"
    1965 GMC HandiBus Custom, 194 CID, 3 Spd. "MilkVan" Seized Engine
    1965 Chevy Panel 350 CID, 3 Spd. "RustoRoof" Runs but wiring bad
    1969 Chevy 108 Display 307 CID THM 350 Power Brakes 3.73 Posi
    1965 Chevy Panel, V8, 3 Spd. "Gold Hills Van" Best body of my 65s
    1965 CamperVan, V8, 3 Spd.

VCVC Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still here !!

not mobile ...but still here

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear from ya, Jim!
    Gregg Groff

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

1968 Chevy G20 108 panel Now with 454 power!

1965 Chevy G10 panel- OHC Pontiac inline 6

User Tag List