• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YORKSTER68
    Van Addict
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by smiley View Post
    Was yours the black one that's been up for sale in Pensacola?
    Funny how things work out. In April 2019, I bought that van. A year later, I'm finally able to drive it.
    Still have quite a bit of work to do to get it where I want it. so far, so good.

Comment

• Dreamrydr65
      VCVC Member
      • Dec 2019

Still here A work in progress 😎

I can’t wait !!!!!!! She is next in line .

Comment

• N8ball
        New Guy
        • Mar 2020

Salt Lake City guy here to learn from the pros.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2335.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	447438

I am building this '69 shorty for a friend. He wants lots of creature comforts for hitting the road in style.

Planned mods- LS Swap (5.3L LM7), 4L60E, Vintage Air AC, steering and brake upgrades, Holley Terminator X ECU and TCC, Completely new chassis wiring from American Autowire, back up camera, and lots of sound and thermal dampening.

My apologies to the purists out there! I appreciate an all original specimen, but this one hasn't been one of those for a long time. I look forward to any insights y'all impart to me along the way.
        Last edited by N8ball; 01-18-2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• panelmanrd
          VCVC Member
          • Oct 2009

great looking van, build what make you happy, it is yours after all.
          54 chevy panel truck 355 tpi 700r4 325/9in
          64 chevy 90 5.7 tpi 700r4 336 8.2
          69 chevy panel van 5.7 tbi 700r4 336 8.2

Comment

• 5w32
            Van Addict
            • Aug 2020

old school vanner

got my 66 GMC last year, soon to be driving it. v8 swap, dual master upgrade, adding factory front sway bar, tinted glass all around, big and little Americans , chrome bumpers/headlight rings ,etc etc. bought my first van in 1971, still dig them!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Dan Wilson
              VCVC Member
              • Feb 2002

Moved

Hey van buddies, checking in to say hi and that I moved out of Kalifornia. In southern AZ now. I already spotted one van, a second gen in a dusty alley. That's about it here. A father's day car show tomorrow, who knows maybe a van or two? Naw, not likely lol. One can dream...

Comment

• PhillipWaters
                New Guy
                • May 2021

Originally posted by PowlarBear2
                I'm still here and look forward to getting more & more involved. My PB2 Restoration has been on hold, however, if things go as planned and I sell my $boo-koo$ dollar `70 BwOSS 302 Mustang here soon PB2 will move to the front burner and be done ASAP!! But first, I also have my Son's 3rd Gen that is really close to being finished and I want to get it done for him.

This is a great site and I enjoy reading posts and have already been able to locate many parts I need for PB2 along with making a couple really good new friends.

------------------
                Mark/West Coast Van Club
                Vista * Keep On Truckin'

If You Won't Lead,
                Let Me By You
                If You Can't Follow,
                Get Out The Way
                Your Takin' Up Space

[This message has been edited by PolwarBeqar2 (edited October 20, 2009).]
                If Ford truly has a cornerstone automobile, it's the Mustang. One could, of course, reason the Model T, or even Thunderbird, as more suitable candidates

Comment

• mpcarroll44
                  Van Addict
                  • Aug 2019

HI - Still here!!

Right now my 69 shorty is getting a 5.3l LS engine, new trans, and A/C installed - should be done by end of August - can't wait!
                  I drove my 67 from 1970-1985 with no A/C, also no seat belts- unbelievable! I was in Associated Vans Newport Beach from 1970-around 1979.
                  I'm the only early Chevy in California Street Vans right now - hardly see any more early Chevys, even in CA.

I've received a lot of great, helpful information from the site - keep it up!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• 108VanGuy
                    VCVC Member
                    • Jul 2004

Still Here

Planning the next trip with the WedgieVan that doesn't look like it would make it around the block, but does.
                    108VanGuy...
                    1969 Chevy Panel, 250 CID, 3 ring 4 Spd. with OD, 2.73 "WedgieVan" Daily Driver
                    1967 Chevy Panel, 230 CID, 3 Spd. 3.36 "UtiliVan Owned since 76
                    1964 GMC Panel, 194 CID, 3 Spd. "CrunchoVan"
                    1965 Chevy Panel 350 CID, 3 Spd. "RustoRoof" Runs but wiring bad
                    1969 Chevy 108 Display 307 CID THM 350 Power Brakes 3.73 Posi
                    1965 Chevy Panel, V8, 3 Spd. "Gold Hills Van"
                    1965 CamperVan, V8, 3 Spd.
                    1969 G20 Shell

Comment

• LedZeppvan
                      VCVC Member
                      • Jan 2017

Still here, but alone

I had moved up to WA state this last March. It is very lonely being the ONLY van around for 200 miles? I really did not think there wouldn't be vans around? I miss my van land down in San Diego.
                      Jacke

1964 GMC Handi-Van Custom 350
                      1971 Ford Mustang 302
                      1957 Karman Ghia Project

Comment

• Russell
                        VCVC Member
                        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by 108VanGuy View Post
                        Planning the next trip with the WedgieVan that doesn't look like it would make it around the block, but does.
                        108VanGuy...
                        Are you heading down my way?
                        1966 Sportvan Deluxe 230 3 on tree (work in progress) Now 283 small block
                        1965 Sportvan Deluxe 250 powerglide (Sold)
                        1966 GMC Handibus Custom 350 3 on tree

Comment

• Michael swann
                          VCVC Member
                          • Dec 2014

Alabama

I?m still here! My van is a never ending project. This club/forum is the best.

Comment

• 108VanGuy
                            VCVC Member
                            • Jul 2004

Trying To

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                            Are you heading down my way?
                            PM sent
                            108VanGuy...
                            1969 Chevy Panel, 250 CID, 3 ring 4 Spd. with OD, 2.73 "WedgieVan" Daily Driver
                            1967 Chevy Panel, 230 CID, 3 Spd. 3.36 "UtiliVan Owned since 76
                            1964 GMC Panel, 194 CID, 3 Spd. "CrunchoVan"
                            1965 Chevy Panel 350 CID, 3 Spd. "RustoRoof" Runs but wiring bad
                            1969 Chevy 108 Display 307 CID THM 350 Power Brakes 3.73 Posi
                            1965 Chevy Panel, V8, 3 Spd. "Gold Hills Van"
                            1965 CamperVan, V8, 3 Spd.
                            1969 G20 Shell

Comment

• Brain-O
                              Van Addict
                              • Oct 2020

New to this forum. just bought a 65 G10 from a guy that dragged it out of a field here in the sopping wet PNW (WA ). it's ugly but surprisingly not rusted through anywhere. just lots on the surfaces. windshield cracked, straight six that rotates but hasn't run in who knows how long. no transmission. came with extra engine that was recently pulled from a running, driving, GMC HandiVan. . was originally 3 on the tree but someone pulled out all the shift linkage (but oddly left the clutch pedal in place) and had installed an automatic. some kind of shifter installed on top of the doghouse. extra doors and wheels. emblems all missing. haven't brought it home yet, gotta make room. jonesin' to get this thing running and driving!
                              Last edited by Brain-O; 11-24-2021, 03:47 PM. Reason: picture

Comment

• LedZeppvan
                                VCVC Member
                                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Brain-O View Post
                                New to this forum. just bought a 65 G10 from a guy that dragged it out of a field here in the sopping wet PNW (WA ). it's ugly but surprisingly not rusted through anywhere. just lots on the surfaces. windshield cracked, straight six that rotates but hasn't run in who knows how long. no transmission. came with extra engine that was recently pulled from a running, driving, GMC HandiVan. . was originally 3 on the tree but someone pulled out all the shift linkage (but oddly left the clutch pedal in place) and had installed an automatic. some kind of shifter installed on top of the doghouse. extra doors and wheels. emblems all missing. haven't brought it home yet, gotta make room. jonesin' to get this thing running and driving!
                                Welcome to the forum. I live in central Washington... glad you have found your VCV without rust in PNW!
                                Jacke

1964 GMC Handi-Van Custom 350
                                1971 Ford Mustang 302
                                1957 Karman Ghia Project

Comment

Working...
                                X